The 2018 OAC Convention is Saturday April 28th at the Ameristar Black Hawk Casino and Resort.
This year the convention will be a single day event from 7am-8pm (no Sunday). We will still provide the same events:
- Continental breakfast
- 8 hours of ABO credit ($165)
- 8 hour ABO exam prep course ($160)
- Lunch and exhibit hall (included with either 8 hour course, $35 a la carte)
- Prize giveaways
- Professionals round-table discussion
- Concluding happy hour
In addition to the format change to a one day convention, the following changes have been made:
- Individual courses are no longer offered. A flat fee includes access to all courses.
- Prize giveaways will be consolidated into one larger gift or bag of gifts from each vendor. This will reduce the total number of raffle winners, but each winner will receive a larger prize directly from a single vendor. We hope this will increase the recognition and value of each vendor's donations.
- The professionals round table discussion will feature happy hour complimentary drink tickets as prizes. Tickets will be awarded for participation and contribution to discussion.The round table has been one of our most rewarding events for several years, please be sure to attend!
- Happy Hour will be cash bar only with complimentary appetizers. Complimentary drinks are awarded at the professionals round table only.
Please select either ABO continuing education courses or the ABO exam prep course (or just lunch if joining us for the vendor exhibit hall only). Please include attendee's name and email address.
We have a Facebook Group we use to organize occasional social events. All are welcome, including any office staff, reps, and anyone who just wants to hang out with others in our optical community. Join our group to stay informed of our meetups.